Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Oh gosh, I'm tired


Today was another productive day here. This morning chores went without a hitch. Had a healthy breakfast of bacon, eggs and toast, then cows got let out, chickens got feed and watered, another cup of coffee drank, and off to pick rock. I drove the loader tractor and Dave sits on the bucket, then just jumps off when there is a rock to be picked. We did the ditch bank by Hanson's, no sitting for that, and the ditch bank at home, for sure no sitting there. By the time we were done, it was time to go home and have some dinner. I quick grilled hamburgers and we had coleslaw with that. A half hour nap and Dave took off on the 4-wheeler to pick the rest of Hanson's. I went out and got the lawn all mowed up. Looks so pretty when it is done. After that I planted 25 strawberry plants in the garden. I got Sparkle Junebearing plants this time. My garden is so dry, it was hard to plant them. Ryan stopped for a half hour, time for a cup of coffee, then back out to the garden. I also found a place to plant some muskmelon. I dug up the little spot by the truck shed and put cosmos seeds in there. I also dug around the brooder house and planted sunflower seeds. I am excited about that. I have never planted sunflowers before. Time for evening milking. Again, it all goes off without a hitch. While Dave milks I water some flowers and plant my hanging basket. After chores I put a chicken on the grill, took a shower, ate.....cleaned kitchen. Now it is bedtime.

No comments: