Thursday, May 29, 2008

Yeah, no rock picking today!!!




Woke up this morning to rain. I love the sound of rain, especially if we were going to pick rock all day. As of now, we have a half inch of rain. Perfect timing for my garden again. This will give my strawberry plants the start they need. Plus I planted the sunflower seeds and muskmelon, so I just couldn't ask for anything better.

Chores were done, then Dave and I went down to the chicks and took their little brooder away and gave them more space. They are 7 days old today, and are learning they have little wings. I lost my first chick last night. He must have tried to fly over his pen and cut his wing. I guess I should have moved them out yesterday.

I had a dream last night that Dave was very mad at me, then I figured out it is because I have a bunch more flowers coming in the mail, which means I will be digging up more lawn. I am excited about the flowers, but not about Dave's reaction to me digging up more lawn.

No comments: