Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A great day to be alive (that song is playing in my head)




Chores uneventful. This is the second day the cows were able to go outside during the night. Course, it is suppose to rain tomorrow, so I am sure they will end up back in the barn. It is so much more work for Dave when cows have to stay in the barn. He has to feed them silage with a cart in the morning, kick them out in the afternoon, clean barns, bed, put trainers up. Work, work, work......like I said, it is so nice when they can go out.

I worked in the yard pretty much all day. It was a beautiful sunny 70 degree day with hardly no wind. I trimmed the shrubs on the patio, lay down more paper and straw in the garden, weeded the daylillies along the buildings. Weeded everything in the garden that isn't mulched. I wanted to get my mulch in the flower garden done, but time ran out. Maybe if it doesn't rain tonite I can quick do that in the morning. That and plant my impatiens, which have been patiently waiting their turn to get into the ground.

Dave and I found some old chicken fountains to use tonite after chores. I have been filling up little gallon fountains, but they are drinking like 7 gallons of water a day now, so it was time to find bigger ones. I sat in there and took some pictures of them tonite. One I am calling a sea of chickens, the next one, she is totally giving me attitude, and the final one is of my pretty garden after it is all weeded.

I did some experiments in the garden today. I took the wall o waters off the early girls, put them on the tomatoes planted later. I left one on an early girl, see if it makes a difference in how early I get tomatoes. Also left one on a pepper.

Decided to carry a pale of cow manure to the compost pile every day. I need to get it going good.

Tired, bedtime.

No comments: