Monday, June 2, 2008

It's an Advil night!




Worked in my garden for 5 hours today. I put up a little hoop house for my cabbage, so worms can't lay their eggs, then I put down paper and straw, no weeding for this chicky. I also put down straw on my pumpkins and some of my tomatoes. I weeded the onions, lettuce, so all I have left to weed is peas and around the wall o waters. I am one tired girl. Tomorrow I want to work in my flower bed, and get my perennials planted. I want to bring the leaf mold from the grove and use it for mulch in my flowers. I think it looks pretty nice and will sure help keep the weeds down. I also want to use up the last of my compost on my strawberries.

Got my first food out of the garden. I made a salad with my lettuce thinings and also had some radishes. Yummy. Well, bedtime for this chick

No comments: