Monday, September 22, 2008

A call at 6:45am



can change the plans I have made for the day, but I always say plans are made to be broken. Robyn call this morning, Addisyn was running a fever, could I watch her? Of course! This was much better then cleaning out the furnace room! She was feeling pretty chipper after breakfast, so we went to Ry and Robyn's house and picked up the windfall apples. Went home and made 14 pints of the prettiest pink applesauce and a pan of apple crisp. I am trying to figure out the topping they use at the Apple Orchard. It is go good. I am close, but not there yet. Addisyn took a 2 hour nap while I canned, so I still got a lot done.

Dave went to Springfield, got feed and bacon. He also bought a load of hay from the Netsky's (sp).

I made supper in my new pressure cooker tonite. Took some rib steak (so not Dave's favorite), browned it, added tomato sauce, onion and peppers, then cooked it for 30 minutes. Was falling apart tender. Yummy.

My two favorites from today.

No comments: