Saturday, September 6, 2008

Silo Filling


A good day. We got up early (only 10 minutes, but hey, at 5:50, ten minutes is 10 minutes), did chores and got the big silo ready to go in the air. I ran back and forth from the barn to the house 4 times to check on Carter and Jack. Everything worked out perfect. Carter was up the 4th time, I just put his favorite show on (calliou) and told him I would be in the barn. He was good with that. Got our work done and he was still happily sitting on the couch watching his show. After breakfast Carter and I baked an apple cake. I peeled the apples the night before so it was fast and easy. Carter got to go with Dave hauling manure, that helped him with his tractor fix. After dinner we went out and watched the big corn chopper and 3 wagons pull up to fill our silos. Matt, John Deprez, Joe Zueg and Ryan were here. Ry took off work early to help, which was really a huge help to Dave. They worked on filling silo till rain caused them to stop. If it would have given us one more hour we would have been finished.

I made chili for supper with my tomatoes from the garden. Yummy!

Here is a picture of Jack enjoying his first sucker. Carter was having fun dancing for me while I took pictures, Ryan blowing the first load of silage up.

No comments: