Saturday, September 20, 2008

The reason I live in Minnesota

 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa


Today was beautiful again. Sunny and 80 degrees, no humidity, no flies. This is the reason I live in Minnesota. Autumn is my favorite season. Warm during the day, with a chill in the air at night. Tomatoes from the garden, apples off the tree, everything turning rich shades of orange, gold, burgandy. LG........

Robyn called and wanted to shampoo her upstairs carpet and wanted to borrow my shampoo-er (I don't think that is a word, but oh well). I offered to take the kiddos while she shampooed. We played outside on the slide then had a picnic of graham crackers and water in sippy cups. I think Cookie ate more crackers then we did, but it sure was fun. I am so glad I found that rummage sale with the little tykes toys. What a good find! The kids love them.

Dave shot pigeons this morning. We are getting so many that they are wrecking our pole barn. Cory is home for the weekend. He spent all day yesterday and today at Goblirsch's filling silo. Tonight he and Stacy went to Zac and Tina's to celebrate Avery's first birthday.

The "cop" stopped tonight and I talked him into letting me take pictures of his squad car. I would have loved to have him climb out and get in the picture, but he refused. He is a bachalor for the weekend. Bex and the boys, and Harley are in Redwing. I bet it is beautiful there. I LOVE that town! Bet the leaves are turning there right now.

Dave is having back problems again. Just like last year at this time.

I made hot chicken sandwiches for supper. Yummy. I had 2 tomatoes with mine. I know that soon the season will be over and the thought of no more fresh tomatoes (or toe-mo-nat-os as Addisyn calls them) is enough to make me cry. Oh, I love those tomatoes!!!

Well, I have written enough. Good night

No comments: