Friday, September 5, 2008

Friday



Another great day. Had to run to Marshall today to get the essentials. I talked to my Mom all the way over and got caught up in her life. I love chatting on the cell phone when I drive. I know, I shouldn't, but that is the beauty of living in a rural area. I probably met 5 cars all the way to Marshall. I spent an hour in Shopko. Got a new sweater for Fall and a pair of cords to go with it. I love Shopko. Then on to HyVee for groceries. Holy Crap, food is getting expensive! I haven't paid that much for food since I had all the boys home. After I got over the shock of my food bill I set out for home. Made a light dinner and then helped Dave get silo up in the air. Silo filling should start tomorrow if all goes well.

I also canned 7 quarts and 4 pints of sauerkraut. I hope it turns out. I have a feeling I should have let it ferment longer.

Becky and the boys came about 5:30. She has to work at 3:00am, so she spends the night and then gets up and leaves at 2:30.

I am tired, has been a big day and the weekend will be even busier.

My picture is of my sunflowers. I cut them down the other day. Dave didn't want them to form seeds. He is afraid of wild sunflowers growing in the fields. These are the last of the blooms. I loved them so much, next year plan on growing even more.

Night

No comments: