Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A trip down memory lane





means a trip to my little hometown. Even though it is only 13 miles from where I live now, I don't get there very often. When I do, I always end up thinking about my high school years. I loved being a teenager for the most part. I had great friends, a job I loved, and a school that didn't push me to learn much. So today I had a dentish appt. I have been going to Dr. Danielson since I was 16 years old. That means he has been my dentist for 35 years. He is the best, he has a quiet demeanor and gentle touch. He is what a dentish should be. No caveties for this girl. I celebrated that with a milky way when I was done. Yesh, tomorrow no carbs for this chubby mama! I drove past my parents house. Not too many memories there, they tore down the house I lived in and built a new one. By then I was married, so didn't spend much time at the new house. Then down to Kuhar Park. Wow, sure hasn't been kept up. I was disappointed in it. I know times are hard, and these small towns don't have the money to keep up appearances, but I hope someday it gets better again. I did get a few good pictures there. I love the water, even Kuhar Park water.

As for productivity today, well, I got a pan of apple crisp baked, kitchen cleaned up, kitchen messed up, kitchen cleaned up. I just can't get my s$%# together and get this place spic and span like I want it. Maybe because I cook and bake all day long it seems like. I did a pan of buns too, made hamburgers for dinner, cooked the breast of one of my chickens for supper and had hot chicken sandwiches on those fresh warm buns. Yummy.

Rob stopped today for a little while. He was helping someone in Lamberton fill silo the last two days.

I got my picture order today. Will have to sit down tomorrow and figure out whos pictures are those. I love them all, they turned out great!

I get to take Carter and Jack's pictures Friday, Julie and Bill are coming the third week in Oct. and Robyn's 2 sister-in-laws want their family pictures done the week after that. I still have to get Kate and Betsy finished up. Busy, I love it!

bedtime.

No comments: