Monday, July 7, 2008

Fourth of July


Sat. we had Becky, Carter and Jackson come in the morning. It had been 3 weeks since Dave had seen the boys. Carter brought his little John Deere Gator and got to drive all over the farm. Rob came after work and we grilled shish kabob and brats. We wanted to let Carter play with sparklers and roast marshmellows, but it was terribly windy.
Last night I played with the flash on my camera. I'm trying to get the whole fill flash concept down better. Lots of over exposed shots, but I think I am getting better. Wish I had a person to model for me, so I could really get it right.
These little birds are under the eave in front of our house. They were so still, even with the flash going off. I wonder if their mama taught them to stay very still if strangers come about.
Sunday afternoon I took a nap, I never nap, so I must have been tired.
Today I worked in the garden in the morning, picked peas and lettuce. Very hot and humid day. Just keeping the chickens watered is a chore. Dave hooked up a big barn fan for them. It is their saving grace. Blows lots of air around.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: