Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Playing Catch Up

Friday I had Carter and Jack so Becky could go to the Poison Concert at Jackpot. They were very good little boys. We played, did chores, hung out on the patio. Carter wanted to play hide and seek, so I put Jack in the wagon and we went in to grove for a good game of hide and seek. Course, Carter has his own version of the game. He tells me where to hide, then he counts to 15 then comes and finds us. Funny thing, he always knows where we are. When it is his turn to hide, he always hides in the same place, so we have no trouble finding him either. We have lots of fun in the grove, though I think Jack thinks we are a little looney. He kept giving me this funny look.

Saturday was chicken butchering day. The boys wanted to do it all in one day. 75 chickens in one day is a lot of work. We were all so tired by the end of the day. The chickens were huge! 7-10 lbs.......Wow, that is a lot of meat. I was so tired at the end of the day I climbed into the bathtub to soak my muscles. I got leg cramps so bad, I couldn't move my legs. I had to roll out of the tub. Adam was home for the weekend so he got in on the chicken butchering. John Baune also came over and helped with 2 batches.

Sunday I went on a nature walk and got some pictures with all the condensation from the fog. Had Carter's 4th Birthday party at noon. Had fun with Becky's folks, playing yard games. Boys had lots of fun with the water balloons Stacy brought. I made taco salad, but never got to put the dressing or chips on. Needless to say, I tasted it and thought to myself, something is off here.

In the afternoon, Dave and I both started feeling sick. I knew Rob and Bex had strep, so we went home and started on penicyllin. Monday we were both sicker then dogs. Did chores and that is it. Layed around and slept.

Today is Tuesday. I finished a book while sick, the new Odd book my Dean Koontz. Love the series of books. We still feel punky, but think it is getting better. Dave took a trip to Springfield to pick up feed. I cleaned the kitchen and took a walk. Chores and then I am sure we will hit the sack early......there, caught up.


No comments: